Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wrong Priorities

I wanted to pop on and let everyone know that my computer DIED! I am typing this from Gene's computer because he is off on Thursdays. He is not home every other day of the week so no computer is a problem for me.

My laptop was a 2004 model. I know what you are thinking, but it worked perfectly for what I needed it to do. It was actually an old work computer of Gene's from when he was on staff at Shoal Creek. It died about 3 months ago, and I have been using my Dad's old laptop, also a 2004 model. I thought it was the answer to all my problems because it was working wonderfully until Wednesday, when it too bit the dust. The 2004 models only have 1 USB port so I am constantly plugging in and unplugging things...like my ipod, my camera, my printer, my zip drive, etc. Every time I unplug something I have to restart the computer. Honestly, it has been quite annoying but they have served my needs for the last couple of years. I just don't think an old computer can handle all the activity nor can it handle all the memory space required for all my pictures.

Well, I just cannot be without a computer. It is my link to the outside world and I cannot coupon effectively without the Internet, so we are going to Best Buy tonight to get me a new one....I hope. They will probably be out of stock of every computer known to man.

I guess there are other stores though.

What does this post have to do with "Wrong Priorities", the title of this post. Well, my oven has been broken for a few months and I have not viewed that as the same type of emergency. I have not bought a new oven because I simply have not wanted to take that money out of savings. I mean I can cook with my stove top, my crock-pot, my waffle maker, my griddle, my microwave, my George Foreman grill, and the outside grill. What do I need an oven for, except for maybe my weekly pizza, but hey, Sheila's Pizza is right up the road.

Does a new computer fit the description of an emergency, which is one thing that savings is for... why, yes....yes, it does!

Anyway, this will be my last blog until I get my new computer all set up. That could take a day or a week. Who knows? Hopefully it will hook up easily and I won't have to have a techie come out to the house. That could seriously take a week because Bright House doesn't get in a hurry about their appointments, at least not in my past experience with them.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment