Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is a special day because it is my mother's birthday today. She was on my heart and mind when I woke up this morning. I am so thankful for her unconditional love and for her consistency in all of our lives. I am thankful that she is an active part of our lives and that my children know her well. The older I get the more I realize that loving and Godly parents are a gift, a gift that not everyone receives. I am thankful to God this morning for my parents and the family that I was born into. My life has been blessed because of both of them.

Last year, I wrote a long birthday letter to my mom about our similarities, etc. and all of those things are still very true. You can go back and read that blog entry here. There is also a picture of her if you are a new reader.

Well, Happy Birthday Mom! I love you and hope you have a fantastic day. I am looking forward to having dinner with you and the family tomorrow evening.

Changing the subject, Gracen is finally getting over the little cold that she has had, and Reagan's cold was very short lived. Gene is better, and I never caught it. We have all slept the last 2 nights, which is a huge "Praise the Lord".

My new oven is being delivered this morning, and I plan on cooking Reagan's favorite meal tonight, baked spaghetti and garlic bread. We haven't had it in months, and it is really good. The delivery means that I have to go and clean behind and under my old oven. Oh joy! I should have done that earlier in the week, but it wasn't really a priority until right now.

The bug man is also coming this morning, so I cannot stay in my pajamas long today.

Gene is off today and will be painting our dining room. It desperately needs some updating because it has been 10 years since we have done anything to it. Actually, Gene and I would like to sell our dining room furniture and make that room into an office, complete with a desk and bookshelves. In the future, I will post some pictures of those pieces just in case any of you are in the market for dining room furniture. Our kitchen will be the next room to update...rugs, valances, wall decor. We have had a "fruit" theme for 10 years, and I think that phase has passed. It probably passed a few years ago, but, oh well.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday. In honor of my mom's birthday, call your parents (if they are living) and tell them you love them! If you are in conflict with your parents and not speaking to them, you need to humble yourself and make things right TODAY. If you are a Christian, then that conflict is a sin. You are called to honor and obey your parents all the days of your life. When you honor them, you honor God.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment