Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up...A Day Late

Sorry that I have been absent, but I have been dealing with colds around here. Gracen had a pretty bad cold straight through the weekend and that made her one grumpy little girl. Reagan has had a touch of it and so has Gene. Sick husbands are kind of like children...I love you though Gene. Thankfully, I have remained healthy.

Gene and I were talking about my health just this weekend. I haven't been sick since early in my pregnancy with Gracen. Of course I was sick to my stomach then, and I had one bad cold when I was about 5 months pregnant, but nothing since then. I realize that saying that out loud will probably be my undoing, but I just wanted to publicly give God praise for keeping me in good health. If you are a mom, you know how vital your role is around the house. Quite frankly, I just don't have time to be sick. Of course, now that I think about it, laying in my bed might not be half bad.

My girls are also taking turns again getting up in the night. Last night was Gracen's turn at 3:00 a.m. and Reagan woke up complaining of a sore throat and runny nose the night before that. Not fun, I tell you, not fun.

Anyway, to the weekend wrap-up.

Gene had a college event Friday evening, and Reagan was invited to a birthday party at Emma Urnis's house. I dropped Reagan off at 3:30 and then met Gene to spend some time with him before his event started. Gracen and I were then invited to come back to Emma's house for pizza, cake, and ice cream. We all had a great time, and Reagan played with her little friends until 7:00.

On Saturday, we went and finally picked out a new oven. It will be delivered on Thursday, and I am very excited about that. I have casseroles, etc. lined up in my head for our menu next week. We also picked up some more finishing touches for our den. You will remember the remodel that we started back in June. We found a large rug that we really liked, curtains, and throw pillows. The room looks so cozy now and I will try to post some pictures in the future.

On Saturday afternoon, Gene settled in for the football games, and I had to go clean my sister's office in Montgomery, a once a month job for mad money. I left supper in the crock pot and the girls with Gene, grabbed my ipod and listened to some great sermons by David Platt the entire time I cleaned. Three hours of great preaching was wonderful way to spend my Saturday afternoon.

On Sunday, we had an awesome day of worship. Our church finished up the monthly study on stewardship and I was convicted throughout the month to make sure that I am giving God my absolute best in all areas.

I have been REDEEMED and BOUGHT with a price, the blood of the lamb. I am no longer my own. I belong to Christ, and He deserves my absolute best. I want to honor Him with my money, giving him the tithe and beyond off the top of our check. I want to serve him with my time, my talents, and my testimony, never giving Him leftovers. He is WORTHY, and I pray everyday that my life glorifies Him.

Philippians 1:27 "Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ..."

On a totally separate note, I have been praying for a couple of months for someone to disciple. I am not currently teaching a Bible study right now, and I personally think that every Christian should be growing in a way that he or she is then able to mentor someone else, either through teaching a class (which I know isn't for everyone) or by mentoring somebody one on one. Jesus told his followers to "go and make disciples". On Sunday, I was asked by one of the most Godly young ladies I know if I would be her mentor. Actually, she could probably mentor me because her life truly inspires me. I've got her in age being that I am 15 years older, but she has me on zeal and complete dedication to the Lord. Anyway, we will begin meeting every Tuesday during Gracen's nap time starting today. Cool, how God answered that prayer, isn't it? He is always listening and always at work.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment