Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Simple Outside Play

I haven't posted any pictures of the girls in a while so here are a few shots of them playing outside, some alone and some with their cousins Abby and Jacob.

Here is Gracen outside in Gran and Paw Paw's yard. Half of their yard is dirt, so she gets pretty dirty here. She also has a black scab on the bottom of her left nostril from where she fell on our back patio not too long ago. This is not the most flattering picture of Gracen. She has dirt all over her face and her clothes, and her hair is a mess. I don't even think I brushed it that morning.

Here is Reagan and Jacob riding their John Deere tractors. They are playing "bumper cars" here.

Here they are back at our house having a snack break. Look at those blue eyes on both children. So blue and pretty.
Here is Abby and Gracen playing on the trampoline. Gracen likes to be right where Abby is, so she was in "hog heaven". Abby is so good with her, so careful with her, and protective.


Thankfully both of my girls love to just play outside. I don't take them somewhere to entertain them every day or even every week. Most places are just too expensive to go to regularly, and I don't want them to get used to having to go, go, go. They certainly get to do plenty, but hopefully those trips are special and not commonplace when we do go.

I have great memories from my childhood just playing in my backyard, in my neighborhood, and in the cow pasture behind my house. I also have great memories of going places and doing special things with my family. A good mix of both and that's what I want for my kids as well.
Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment