Friday, October 7, 2011

Romans 8:37-39

Oh man, am I tired this morning. I simply could not get out of the bed! Gene is off every Friday so Thursday has become our at home date night after the girls go to sleep. We stayed up until around 11:30 and this is about 2 hours past my normal bed time. I am a girl who likes her sleep....and if it isn't a full 7-8 hours it doesn't really count as sleep for me. Today is going to be long and will include another pot of coffee at some point after lunch.

Anyway, on to today's verses...Romans 8:37-39
"But in all these things we OVERWHELMING CONQUER THROUGH HIM who loves us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, not height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be about to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Oh, goodness...such a powerful truth. My Life Application Bible says that these verses contain the most comforting promise in all of Scripture...and I must say, I agree. Verse 37 begins by saying that in all these things....we are conquerors... in what things you might ask....go back to vs. 35...tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, peril, or sword...which pretty much covers everything that could possibly happen to us. And what I love about the NASB version is that is says that we are not only conquerors but we will OVERWHELMINGLY conquer all the things that we face in this life and even death itself THROUGH HIM. We won't just squeak by....we will conquer with power!

Unfortunately, I don't have much time to elaborate this morning, but this verse tells me that I have nothing to fear in this life or the life to come. He loves me more than I can fathom, He never leaves my side, and nothing can separate me from His presence or His love....nothing that I have done, will do, or might be done to me. This is a truth that we need to bury deep into the recesses of our hearts and minds. I think I will carry this one around today. And if you are in the Confident Heart Bible study, I hope you will do the same. This one is a keeper!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment