Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Psalm 18:35

I am praying for my Bible study group this morning and praying specifically for Kelli Tyrone who has been hospitalized. Join me in praying for her healing!

Our verse this morning is Psalm 18:35
"You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, and Your right hand upholds me; And your gentleness makes me great."

These powerful truths are mentioned many times in the Bible, especially in the book of Psalms, which is one of my favorite books in the Bible to read.

God is my shield!
My salvation is a protective covering!
He supports (upholds) me!
Christ living within me is what makes me great!

I have to stop beating myself up, giving Satan access to my thoughts and instead, allow God to be my shield. Yes, I will blow it. Yes, I will fail. But that doesn't make me worthless. My failures, my mess-ups, do not make me a failure. With God on my side I can always pick myself up and start all over again.

I need to realize what I have in Christ. He is everything that I need.

Father God, thank you...thank you...thank you for every single thing that You provide on my behalf. Help me to rest in You today. Be my shield. Be my protective covering. Uphold me with your righteous right hand no matter what comes my way today. Empower me to live victory and joy....the joy that comes from my salvation. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment