Monday, October 24, 2011

Ephesians 2:10

Ephesians 2:10
"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them."

I love the idea that I am God's workmanship...his handiwork, his masterpiece. I assure you, this is not how I see myself. To know that He chose to create me and that He is proud of His creation gives me a great sense of peace. I was created to KNOW God personally through salvation, but I was not saved merely for my own benefit. According to this verse, there are good works that I should be doing to serve others and to build up the church....because of my love for my Savior.

I can beat myself up, compare myself to others, wish I was someone else, etc. but it boils to the fact that I was created by a Holy God just the way that I am...with my problems, my personality, my temperament, my looks, my weaknesses, and my strengths. I am uniquely me for God's purposes and not my own.

This coming Sunday night we are going to talk about our God given purpose...what it is that you think you were created for. What is it that makes your heart come alive? What are you passionate about? We were created to enhance the church body. We should be serving in some way, walking in good works that were created for us before the foundation of the earth. Just as Pastor Shane said Sunday morning, you will not walk in the fullness of joy until you start fulfilling the purpose for which you were created.

I know that I am suppose to be teaching God's Word. It brings me great joy. On the flip side of that, it still makes me nervous to stand in front of a group and it is work to prepare the lessons. I get tired at times and will go through seasons where I do not teach. During those seasons though, I miss it and it seems like everything I read makes me think, "Every woman needs to hear this". This blog was started during a season when I was not teaching. It became an outlet for me to share what I was learning with God. It is also safe and doesn't require me to stand in front of a group. But, when I am just blogging, I sense God pushing me to do more.

This week, start to think about what you were created to do for God. What makes your heart sing? If you don't have some sort of area of service, you are not walking in the good works that God created for you before the foundations of the world. You are missing out on a blessing and so is the body of Christ.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment