Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Romans 8:1-2

This week all of our verses are speaking about God's power toward us and the forgiveness of sin that He offers us. We are leading up to a lesson on fighting the lie that whispers that we are failures.

If you are in Christ, you are no longer condemned. You are not a failure. Nothing that you have done or will do can define you as a failure.

Romans 8:1-2
"Therefore there is now NO CONDEMNATION for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you FREE from the law of sin and of death."

I love the explanation of these verses from my Life Application Bible... "Not guilty; let him go free...What would those words mean to you if you were on death row? The fact is that the whole human race is on death row, justly condemned for repeatedly breaking God's holy law. Without Jesus we would have no hope at all. But thank God! He declared us not guilty and has offered us freedom from sin and the power, through the Spirit of the life (the Holy Spirit) to do His will."

This explanation made me think of Mandisa' song called "Not Guilty", which I attached below. It is such a powerful song that talks about this very idea....I was condemned...I went and stood before the Judge....as He looked at me he said...I KNOW YOU...I LOVE YOU...I GAVE MY LIFE TO SAVE YOU...LOVE PAID THE PRICE FOR MERCY ...MY VERDICT...NOT GUILTY!

Powerful words that have changed my life! I no longer have to live a defeated life. I can live a life of freedom because I am no longer condemned!!!

If you have about 5 more minutes, listen to the message of this song and as you think about the words, worship Him for the amazing gift that He gave to us.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment