Thursday, October 20, 2011

Colossians 1:21-22

Colossians 1:21-22
"Although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, yet He has now RECONCILED you in His fleshly body through death in order to present you before Him HOLY and BLAMELESS and BEYOND REPROACH."

Such powerful verses that talk about what we once were compared to what we are now! Before I accepted Christ as my Savior I was alienated from Him, which means that I was a stranger to Him and to His way of thinking. I was hostile in my mind, which means that my thoughts were sinful and opposed to the things of God. I went my own way and my actions were based on my own perception of right and wrong and not on God's standards of holy living.

But my merciful God reconciled me to Himself through the death of His fleshly body on the cross. To be reconciled means to be restored to a right relationship or standard, or to make peace where there was enmity. The Bible NEVER speaks of God being reconciled to man, but ALWAYS man being reconciled to God.

When sin entered the world, man became estranged to God. The sin caused a huge chasm that made it impossible for man to reach God. In his great mercy He made a way for us to be able to reach Him...to be able to be in right relationship with Him. That position of right standing before a Holy God only comes through believing in the work of Jesus Christ on the cross and accepting that work on our behalf.

Jesus has to become your Savior and your Lord.

When I accepted and believed in what Jesus did on the cross and I believed in His resurrection, then His blood covered me. And it covers me still! I became Holy ...BLAMELESS...and BEYOND REPROACH. Because of that I will give Him praise with my life...believing and living the truth of who I am in Christ.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment