Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Quick Update

I just wanted to let everyone know that Gracen is doing a lot better today. The doctor called us yesterday afternoon and she has a kidney infection. She started her antibiotic last night and today she seems like she feels a lot better. She is smiling and her eyes are bright again. She still doesn't have any fever so hopefully the medicine will knock this out. I pray that she doesn't have reoccurring infections. This will lead to more tests and no child should have to go through that.

I cannot help but think about all the children that are affected with cancer or some other life altering disease. Heartbreaking. As I think back to Monday and all that Gracen had to endure, I cannot imagine how horrendous it would be to have to go through that each week or each month for months or years at a time. As a mom, my heart would break during each and every treatment. Treatments you know are necessary, but treatments you wish you could skip all together. On Monday, I just wanted to scoop little Gracen off the table and run out of the office. I wanted to protect her from all the pain she was feeling. I would have taken her place in a second, no hesitations.

I am thanking God today for his provision and his grace and also renewing my commitment to pray for my children and their health each and every day. I don't just want to cry out to God when I need Him, but I also want to be in a continually state of praise and thanksgiving when things are going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment