Monday, October 5, 2009

Another Busy Weekend

Wow! We have been so busy. A couple of you have noticed that I haven't blogged since last Wednesday and you have called me on it. I am so sorry. The last couple of days have been a complete blur....literally. Thursday is Gene's off day and we ran several errands, in and out all day long. Friday morning was my monthly breakfast/meeting with my fellow ministers' wives and it was my turn to cook something. This made for a fun morning. It is much more enjoyable when someone else is doing the cooking. I picked Reagan up from school at 11:30 and then ran a few more errands. That evening we had to be at a rehearsal and rehearsal dinner for a sweet friend of ours, Kimberly Collier. She has been with us in our ministry at East Memorial for the 5 years that we have been on staff...first in the youth ministry and then in the college ministry. She asked Reagan to be a flower girl in her wedding, and we were honored. We left the house at 5:15 and got back home close to 10:00. We had a wonderful time hanging out with so many people that truly love us like family. Reagan did a fabulous job at the rehearsal and we enjoyed a steak dinner at Suite B in Prattville. It was yummy.
Saturday was the wedding and we were off and running as soon as we woke up....bathing everyone, packing bags, packing lunch, getting clothes ironed, etc. We had to be at the church at 11:15 for pictures and the wedding was at 2:00. I was very concerned about how the girls would handle the day, especially Gracen, because I knew she wouldn't get a nap and I would probably have to hold her most of the day. Well, both girls could not have been better behaved. They were wonderful the entire day and I couldn't have been more proud. The set-up at the church was perfect for a "nursing" mother like myself. I had my own little nursing room with a privacy glass that allowed me to watch everything that was going on in the sanctuary, and the females of the wedding party got dressed in the nursery so I had a crib, etc. for Gracen. I worried for usual.

Reagan looked so pretty.

Here is Reagan with Kimberly, who looked absolutely stunning, by the way. Kimberly and Jenna Sanders (pictured below) have taken to Reagan since she was an infant. These two girls are very special to Gene and me. They are the only 2 people who have ever baby sat for us, outside of the family, and they constantly shower Reagan with attention and gifts. Reagan always feels very special when she is in their company, and she would much rather be with either one of them....instead of me. I am thankful to God for both of them.

Here is Jenna fixing Reagan's hair. She went right to work on her as soon as we got there. I always pull it up in a ponytail because I have no clue what to do with it. Jenna knew this and took over. Thank you, Jenna.

Here is a photo of the two of them after they both got dressed. They both looked so pretty.

Reagan had a co-flower girl named Shay Callahan and here they are as they started down the aisle. We put Shay in charge of Reagan Friday night and Saturday, and she did a fabulous job. Every time I saw one, I saw the other and they were usually holding hands. I need Shay everyday of my life.

Here is the wedding party, minus Gene. He was the minister who married them and he did a terrific job as well. He looked so handsome in his suit.

I had to include a photo of little Miss Gracen. She looked pretty cute too!

Here we are after the wedding. Cheesy smile on my face....I know. I was so relieved that it was over, without any major mishaps from either one of my children. You just never know what kids are going to do. From here we went and spent another 2 hours at the reception. The food was delicious and we talked to so many people. I was exhausted when I got home, but the day was so good.

As for the rest of my busy weekend, we hardly come up for air on Sunday. We are gone from the house from 8:30 to 12:30, coming home to eat lunch, take naps, and change clothes, and then we head back at 4:10 and get home around 8:30 or 9:00, depending on where we eat out for dinner.

On Monday, I had a major mess at my house and mounds of laundry that I am still climbing. I also had to buy groceries and start the hunt for some fall clothes. I had to send Reagan to preschool yesterday in shorts and a t-shirt in the 60 degree weather because I had no other options. Of course, she was fine because she gets so hot playing...but it still bothered me not to even have one pair of pants that fit her. She has grown a lot since last fall.

Anyway, I will try to get caught up on everything and hopefully my blog entries will be more regular.


  1. Thanks for the recap! Your weekend sounded busy but blessed.

  2. Love those pic of the girls! Wish I could have been there to see Reagan all dressed up, she looked so pretty!

    By the way there is someone else who has kept Reagan & Gracen...just saying! :)

  3. I haven't commented before I don't think, but I am always encouraged by your honesty! I don't know where'd I be without you and your family; I love you guys so much! (Thanks for the shout outs too I love my Devaughn girls)