Sunday, November 8, 2009

Speaking God's Word

I found the following list on a blog I like to read and I thought I would steal the list and share it with my blog readers. As Christian women we know that we have to walk by faith on a daily basis, and one of the major ways that we do this is by controlling our thoughts. It is so easy to get down and discouraged about things going on around us. I know I can easily give myself over to worry or fear, self condemnation and discontentment. When these negative emotions start to take over, we have "faith statements" that we can say to defeat faulty thinking.

For example, when I start to worry about something, which happens frequently, I can quote #3- I have no fear or anxiety, I trust in the Lord with all my heart, along with the verse that goes with that statement....Psalm 112:7, "He will not fear evil tidings; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord." Cool verse! I WANT my heart to be steadfast. I want to continually trust in God and keep my thoughts focused on Him.

If I start to experience a little burn-out serving in the ministry that God has called us to because I am not seeing results or fruit from our labor, it is real easy to just want to quit altogether, but ministry is a calling. I would be miserable if I didn't fulfill the roles that God has called me to. That brings me to statement #4- I am able to fulfill the calling that God has placed on my life. The verse that goes with it is 2 Peter 1:10, "Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you, for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble."

I think I could share an example about every one of the following statements, but I think you get the idea. I am going to write down these statements and put them in the front of my prayer journal, along with the corresponding verse. They make up my identity in Christ and I want to remember them. Why don't you write them down too and pray over them as you start each day.

Faith Statements
1. I am fully forgiven and free from all shame and condemnation. (Romans 8:1)

2. I act in audacious faith to change the world in my generation. (II Thessalonians 1:11)

3. I have no fear or anxiety, I trust in the Lord with all my heart. (Psalm 112:7)

4. I am able to fulfill the calling God has placed on my life. (II Peter 1:10)

5. I am fully funded to do everything God has called me to do. (Jeremiah 32:27)

6. I have no insecurity because I see myself the way God sees me. (I John 3:1-3)

7. I am a faithful spouse and a godly parent, our family is blessed. (Hebrews 2:13)

8. I am completely whole physically, mentally, and emotionally. (I Thessalonians 5:23-24)

9. I am increasing in influence and favor for the kingdom of God. (Psalm 90:17)

10. I am enabled to walk in the sacrificial love of Christ. (II John 1:6)

11. I have the wisdom of the Lord concerning every decision I make. (Proverbs 2:6)

12. I am protected from all harm and evil in Jesus' name. (Psalm 91:14-16)

**A special thank you goes out to Kimberly Collier Hunt. She went on the ladies shopping trip this past weekend and came back with way too many clothes for my girls. From the bottom of my heart, thank you Kimberly. You have always loved on and spoiled us. We love and appreciate you. Gracen looked adorable today in the blue and brown outfit as we scooted around town running errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment