Friday, September 11, 2009

My Apologies

My apologies for not writing a true blog today. I know there will be days where I simply cannot get to it, but I really didn't think it would happen within the first week of starting. Gracen has been pretty fussy today. Maybe her teeth are starting to make their arrival, even though I cannot see anything yet. Who knows? I think she has slept an hour all day and those 60 minutes were spread out across the entire day. I would have preferred a full hour nap, rather than 10 minutes here and there. But, oh well.

I will share a quick funny. This morning Reagan asked me, "What is an Ethiopian?" I am assuming her question is from the Bible story about Philip sharing the gospel with the Ethiopian eunuch...but who knows. I told her that an Ethiopian was a person from Ethiopia, just like she lived in America, which made her an American. I gave her several other examples....Asian-from Asia, African-from Africa, Mexican- from Mexico.....you get the idea. She looked real confused at first and then smiled and said, "And when you're in Target you are a Target-er." All I could do was laugh and say, "Yep! You got it girl." Out of the mouths of babes. I guess I'll try another history lesson in a few years.

I have a pretty busy day tomorrow too. I am one of the hostesses for Kimberly Collier's shower and have to make lots of chicken salad sandwiches in the morning , then get myself ready (all while taking care of both kids while Gene does yard work), and then the shower is from 2:00 to 4:00. When I arrive home Gene will be asking, "What's for dinner?", then bath time for the kids, and bedtime. I will try to get back in a bloggy groove on Monday.

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment