Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Morning 2010

This will be a short entry. I have been so busy today trying to get my house back in order from the Christmas festivities. I finally got all of the Christmas decorations packed away, most of the laundry caught up, and the house pretty decent. It is almost 9:00 at night and all of this has taken me most of the day. I wanted to clean out both girls' rooms to make space for all the new stuff, but I just ran out of fumes and time.

I wanted to at least show a few pictures from our Christmas morning. We had a great time together. I still can hardly believe that it has already come and gone.

I woke up about an hour before either girl and it was all I could do not to wake them up. Of course, Gene warned me not to because he didn't share my enthusiasm for getting up so early...so I didn't. I let Reagan wake up on her own, which was around 7:00. We got Gracen up right after that.

Reagan was so excited and practically ran into the den and she hollered out, "He came!" when she saw her gifts and the stockings. I guess she thought maybe there was a slight chance that Santa wouldn't come. She went to the plate of cookies and the carrrots to make sure that they were gone. She was really pleased that Santa ate her cookies. She bubbled with excitement, while Gracen just looked confused at the mess laying around. She got into it pretty quickly though.

Their stockings
Reagan digging in


Gracen sitting with her stuff


Gracen checking out Reagan's stuff


Opening the first gift....with some of Santa's loot in the background

Gracen opening one of her gifts. She shocked me opening gifts. She took her time and slowly unwrapped each gift. Reagan totally lost interest when she was Gracen's age.
Playing together after the dust settled.

And of course, the reason for the celebration...



We ate breakfast together and munched throughout the day. We watched a few Christmas movies, while we put toys together and played with them, and just had a lazy day at home.
We headed to my mom and dad's house around 3:30 for Christmas at their house. I'll post a short entry about that next time.
Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment