Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

We had a great weekend! After a very busy week and before a busy week to come, it was needed.

On Friday night, we started to go to the EMCA Homecoming game but changed our minds at the last minute. Gene was so tired after several days of working morning to bedtime and losing his off day. He was ready for some time at home. I went out and bought some steaks, baked potatoes, salad, and rolls and prepared his favorite dinner. He was a happy man. My girls were pretty happy too. Reagan and Gracen love steak! Who can blame them? I don't know how healthy it is for a 17 month old to eat steak, but I think she consumed half a New York Strip.

On Saturday we got up early and headed to the Pumpkin Patch in Clanton. We had a great time, but I seriously think we are boycotting that place because the prices are really ridiculous. There is no charge to get in, but each individual thing has a price per person and the adults have to pay too. For example, the petting zoo was $3.00 a person and I had to pay to go in with my toddler. The inflatables were $5.00 a person. The hayride was $4.00 per person, plus the cost of your pumpkin. Our hayride was $15.00 and we didn't even ride a half a mile. The family in front of me had to pay $24.00. I think that is a little pricey. But hey, we have already established that I am cheap. There were several other activities and of course food. We probably spent $40.00 or $50.00 and came home with a pumpkin.

We did get some great pictures though. I wanted to share some with you. This new computer will not let me move pictures around so they are not in order....which really drives me nuts.



















Saturday afternoon, Reagan was invited to a "tea party" birthday party, and she had a blast. The decorations were so pretty. All the little four and five year olds got to drink from real glass tea cups, sitting on glass saucers, with tea or lemonade being poured from tea pots and pitchers. The little sandwiches, etc. were sitting on glass cake stands, and there was candy in glass bowls. The table was set with pretty table clothes and several vases with flowers. Reagan loved it. And no one broke anything.
At the party, all the little girls got to dress up and put on make-up and play jewelry. They also played in the backyard and had a little fashion show. Of course, I didn't have my camera with me, but I wanted to share her experience with you.
On Saturday evening, we carved our pumpkin and I'll share some pictures from that experience in my next entry.
For dinner, we ate taco soup by the glow of our newly lit jack o' lantern and all settled in for the Alabama game.
On Sunday, we had another great day in the house of the Lord.
I love my family and my church family. I am truly blessed.
Until next time...











No comments:

Post a Comment