Thursday, October 7, 2010

Created for a Purpose

Do you ever forget that as a believer you were created for a purpose? Do you forget that you belong to God and that He has been walking beside you since the day you were created in your mother's womb? Do you forget that He has good works just for you that you are suppose to walk in? I sure do!

I have an enemy of my soul who whispers doubt into my heart. His name is Satan. He tells me that I am not important. He tells me that I cannot do great things for God. He tells me that I am failing at my job of being a godly wife or a godly mother, or a godly woman. He creates in me feelings of discontentment and thoughts of worry and fear that could easily overtake me if I give in to them. He constantly tells me that I am not worthy and that I cannot do great things for God.

But there is another voice that is louder than Satan's voice and that one belongs to God! He is constantly reminding me how much He loves me....that He has not given me a spirit of fear... that I can do all things through the Christ... that I am fearfully and wonderfully made... that I can do great things for Him... that He is with me and will enable me to be the godly wife, mother, and woman that I need to be.

Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are his WORKMANSHIP, CREATED in Christ Jesus for good WORKS, which God PREPARED BEFOREHAND that we should walk in them."

Jeremiah 1:5 says, "Before I FORMED you in the womb I KNEW you. And before you were born I CONSECRATED you."

Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the PLANS that I have for you," declares the Lord, "PLANS to prosper you and not to harm you, PLANS to give you hope and a future."

Psalm 139:13, 16 says, "For you FORMED my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the DAYS THAT WERE FORMED FOR ME when as yet there was none of them."

God's Word is so powerful and always gives me a new perspective about myself.

I have been purposely written into God's story. He created me and put me in a certain place, in a certain time, among certain people, all for the amazing purpose of salvation. That because of the great LOVE that has been lavished on me, I will exhibit Him to the world around me. I often forget that truth...that it is an amazing thing to be included in His plan.

Every single person that God calls into His plan through salvation has been purposely written into His story. God did not just save me from my sins, but He saved me for something and to something greater than myself.

What a huge concept! I don't know what the rest of my life will look like, but for now this truth tells me that I am important and that I am greatly loved. No one else can be the wife that Gene needs. No one else can be the mother that Reagan and Gracen need. No one else can fulfill the role within my social group and my church that God has given to me.

When Satan whispers doubt into my heart, I will say these verses back to him and rise above the self-doubt that he is trying to create.

Thank you God for creating me and for writing me into Your plan!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment