Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Fair

Whew!!!! I have been so busy! I clearly took on more than I can handle over the last two weeks. I have had something to do and somewhere to go every single day. I'll spare you the details, but I am definitely ready for things to slow down a little bit.

I did finish the Bible study material for the women's retreat that I will be leading in a few weeks. That is fabulous news. The bad news is that now I have to go back and make sheets for the ladies to have to follow along with me with fill in the blanks, etc. I don't think that will take too long and that is my next order of business.

Today I wanted to at least pop on my computer while the girls were resting to say "Hi" and to share a few pictures from our trip to the fair last Friday night. We had a great time. It was Reagan's first trip to the BIG Montgomery fair, and she was amazed at all the rides and lights. We have taken her to the little Autauga County fair every year because it is cheaper and smaller ....sufficient for a toddler/young preschooler. But, this year she graduated to the big fair.

We arrived at the fair around 5:00 and stayed until 9:00. Gene and I were exhausted, and Reagan must have been pretty tired too because she fell asleep on the way home. Little Miss Gracen was fantastic the entire 4 hours. She rode in her stroller almost the whole time and just laughed and "oohed and awed" at every thing she saw.

Here are a few pictures from the night.
Here is Gracen with a purple dolphin, a souvenir from the night.

Here's the crew eating an "oh so healthy" supper.
And here are a few shots of Reagan riding some of the rides. She had absolutely no fear and would have gotten on the adult rides if we would have let her. We are going to have our hands full with her when she gets older.



Me and Gracen...waiting for Reagan to get off a ride.

Here is Reagan coming down the giant slide right by herself. I must confess, this ride made me a little nervous and I had to pray as she was climbing up all the stairs and as she was sliding down.

With the busyness, we almost didn't go to the fair this year, and now I am so thankful that we took those precius hours to spend time together as a family. We had a great time and Reagan is still talking about some of the rides.
This Saturday we are going to the Pumpkin Patch, another fun filled family day. I am really looking forward to that.
Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment