Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

We had a busy weekend, which is pretty normal for us, but certainly a nice weekend overall.

On Friday night, Gene had a steak dinner/game night planned for our college students in the youth building of our church. He wanted me and the girls to come over. Because steak was involved he did not have to twist my arm or anything. The only negative was that it didn't start until 7:00 and Gracen and Reagan are usually asleep by 8:00. Reagan was excited about going to hang out with the college students. Gracen didn't share her enthusiasm, and wasn't happy about getting in the car that late at night. She was fine once she saw her Daddy though! We all had a great time and the food was yummy....steak right off the grill, baked potatoes, yeast rolls, and dessert. I brought Gracen home around 9:00 and Reagan came home with Gene around 10:00. I was hoping that both girls would sleep late the next morning. No such luck! They both have an internal clock that goes off by 7:00 a.m. Oh, the inhumanity!

On Saturday, we had a wedding to go to at 2:30. It was a sweet ceremony and the couple looked very much in love. Brings back sweet memories of our own wedding ceremony. I still love Gene like crazy and marrying him is the best thing I ever did. This couple shared an intimate moment of sharing in the Lord's supper together and the groom, a youth minister, said a prayer over his new bride. Deep symbolism there about the importance of the marriage covenant. It brought me to tears.

After the wedding we had to go to my parent's house for my Dad's birthday dinner. He will be 65 on March 16th. Goodness Dad! That number is so hard to believe. Of course, it is equally hard to believe that I will be 37 in just a few short weeks. Where does the time go? As I have said before, I love hanging out with my family. We had a great time talking and watching the babies play and watching Reagan interact with the babies. Hayden, my sister's baby, is 3 weeks younger than Gracen and she was hamming it up. She made us all laugh with this new face she was making. You can wrinkle your nose at her and she will do it right back. Too cute! Reagan got a real kick out of that. Hayden is also just about ready to walk, unusual for a 9 month old. She is already taking steps by herself and will walk all over the place holding onto to someone with one hand. Gracen is not doing that, of course Gracen has a little more body weight to carry around. She is not quite as light on her toes as Miss Hayden. I hate that I didn't bring my camera because all the kids were so cute together. My older sister was with her family in Disney World and we missed them. I know they were having a great time as well. They live out of town and cannot make it to many family events and we always feel their absence. I sure wish they lived closer. I know my parents do too.
*Check back tomorrow for a birthday shout-out to my Dad.)


On Sunday, we got up bright and early, having lost an hour of sleep due to the
time change. Losing an hour of sleep is never good with a baby in the house. I was tired when I got up and both girls were tired when I woke them up. It was really hard to get them moving and out the door. Thankfully, all four of us took a long nap on Sunday afternoon. I enjoyed both worship services, but the attendance was really low...depressingly low. Hopefully, things will pick back up after Spring Break.

Oh, I didn't even mention that this week is Spring Break. Yeah!!!! That means a low key week for us. I don't have to take Reagan to school, so we don't have to be dressed and ready to leave the house by 8:00 a.m. That is a really good thing. I am an early morning person, but I prefer to stay in my pajamas until about 9:00...maybe even 10:00. Reagan does too! I am looking forward to a great week with her. We are going to Pump It Up one morning and we are planning on going to the zoo towards the end of the week, if the weather cooperates. Gene will be off on Thursday and Friday this week, so I am looking forward to that as well.


Remember, I go to the orthodontist on Tuesday. I am anxious to hear what they say. My mom thinks that my top teeth are too crowded, which means I might have to have a tooth or two pulled. That doesn't sound fun. Hopefully, that will not be the case. I would like to keep all of my teeth, if you know what I mean! I don't want the solution to fix my crooked teeth to be painful.

I want to leave you with some beautiful verses from Isaiah 43. I was drawn to these verses on Friday, and I have read them over and over throughout the weekend, and again this morning. These words talk about God's tender love for His chosen people. Because I belong to God, I have nothing to fear. He created me, formed me, redeemed me, called me by name, and ransomed me. He will always be with me, in the good times and in troubling times. Nothing brings more peace to my soul.


Isaiah 43:1-4
1 But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine.
2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
3 For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom; I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
4 Others were given in exchange for you. I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you."

I pray those precious words minister to your soul today, like they have for me over the last couple of days. I encourage you to get out your Bible and read the whole chapter. It is worth your time.

Until tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment