Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

This has been the coldest weekend that I can remember having in a long time. It has been in the teens at night and only in the twenties during the day. Needless to say, I have been inside my little house with my little family since Thursday. We literally stayed at home all day Friday. Normally I would have taken Reagan to preschool and ran a few errands before picking her up. School was cancelled though due to the "snow" that didn't happen. Honestly, Reagan and I were happy to have no where to go because Gene was off too. He had just gotten home from a week long trip so we were all catching up with each other. Thankfully, I had bought plenty of groceries at the beginning of the week, so I didn't have to get out in the cold.

Saturday brought more of the same. Just lazy time around the house. Gene and I did do a little cleaning while the girls were napping. We tackled the kind of cleaning that never gets done. The biggest job we completed was cleaning out the refrigerator and the freezer. I mean we took out every shelf and drawer and scrubbed everything. We cleaned on top and vacuumed the coils underneath and behind. I couldn't believe how nasty it was. The very idea that I was feeding my family out of that thing makes my skin crawl. Oh well! Later that night, every time Gene or I would open the doors of the frig or freezer, we would just stand there and look inside at amazement. I guess if you can't afford to buy a new "whatever your heart is desiring", try cleaning the old one. I definitely feel like I have a new refrigerator. We also cleaned some base boards, put new weather stripping around the doors and windows, dusted window seals, baseboards, etc. You get the idea. Nothing too exciting. I can't believe that I am even blogging about it.

We have had a good time watching Reagan and Gracen interacting with one another. Gracen LOVES Reagan. She just lights up when Reagan walks in the room, and Reagan enjoys her company as well. It is fun to watch them "play". Reagan loves to make her laugh and to help feed her cheerios. Gracen loves to climb all over Reagan and just laughs at her as Reagan sings and dances. They also bathe together at night and as soon as we turn that water on Gracen starts smiling and kicking her little legs all around. They play and splash and have a good 'ole time. Gene and I cannot help but laugh every time we bathe them. I wish I could video them and put a link for you to watch, but I guess I would be arrested for posting nude pics on the Internet...not a good idea right. Just take my word for it, it is too precious.

These cold days have been long and at times monotonous, but I wouldn't want to be any where else. I am totally ready for some warm weather though. These girls need to get outside.

On Sunday, we all bundled up and headed to church. We have Sunday School at 9:15 and worship at 10:30. Gracen did much better at church and I actually got to hear some good teaching. Both girls took long naps when we got home and then we headed back for DT and preschool choir at 4:45 and worship at 6:00.

On Monday, I will share some of the teaching that I received at church and maybe my menu for the week.
Till then, bundle up and stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment