Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up: 2 Days Late

We spent the weekend in Tuscaloosa visiting with my sister's family. We had a wonderful time together and it really made me wish that we lived in the same city so we could see each other more often. I have missed out on so much of their lives all because of my strong dislike of traveling. I also blame our busy schedules due to the fact that we both have ministers for husbands. It seems like every single weekend there is something to do or somewhere to go. Throw in the kid's schedules and it just gets more and more difficult to see each other.

On Friday night I was able to go and tour their church for the first time. It is a church plant called North River Church and it is growing by leaps and bounds. It is so exciting to see all that God is doing through them. We were also able to meet many people who are dedicated servants in their church, and it was very clear that they have a strong support system around them. God is going to do great things through that ministry for sure!

On Saturday we layed around the house until around noon. We had chicken fingers and fries from Willie T's that were yummy and then we headed to the Hands On Children's Museum... or at least I think that was the name of the place. At any rate, it was a two story hands-on museum for children with activity after activity for Reagan. She had an absolute blast and is still talking about her time with Aunt Lori. Gracen even got to play in a little critter corner for her age as well. We spent several hours in there and really had a great time. Gene went with Scott, my brother-n-law, to his first Alabama basketball game. He isn't a huge basketball fan, but really enjoyed it. He said you cannot help but get into the game because of the crowd and the environment in general. Scott showed him some of the campus, including the most recent National Championship trophy. He really liked that!

We didn't head home until around 9:30 or so, which put us getting home around midnight. The girls slept the entire way home and went back to sleep pretty quickly after we got home. Thank goodness because we did have to get on up early to go to church Sunday morning. It was quite difficult to get up and moving. Honestly, I would have loved to sleep in but it was Baby Dedication at our church and Gracen was being dedicated. She did wonderfully and looked so pretty. We came home for lunch and naps and the plan was to head back to church for DT at 4:45, but children have a way of changing the plans.

Unfortunately, Gracen woke up with a fever. She actually had felt hot to me off and on throughout the weekend, but I was hoping it was due to the two teeth that had come through her little gums and nothing more. By Sunday afternoon she felt really hot, so I got out my trusty little rectal thermometer and the reading was 103. I did it again and it said 102. I am not sure which was accurate, but either way, I gave her some Motrin and we stayed home. She was pretty fussy Sunday evening, and I had a really difficult time getting her to sleep.

On Monday morning she still felt hot and my mind kept going back to that urinary tract infection she had several months ago. After dropping Reagan off at preschool, I called the doctor and we headed to the office. This turned into another ordeal that reduced me to tears and a phone call to my Momma. Do you ever get to old to call your Momma? I don't think so. I actually called her before my husband....oops! After a urine test, blood work, chest x-rays, and a shot, I am still not sure what is wrong with her. I am waiting for the doctor to call me with some test results. If it is another urinary tract infection, then she will have to have some invasive tests next week to make sure there is no internal problems that might need correcting. The doctor will perform an ultrasound and a cath. dye test that I hear is horrible. If she does not have a urinary tract infections then her body if fighting some mysterious bacterial infection which makes me a little nervous. The doctor said, "Something might be brewing under the surface." Exact words every mother wants to hear.

Last night I cried on the phone with my older sister, my mom, and my mother-n-law. I just couldn't help thinking about all the what-ifs and dreading any future tests that Gracen might have to endure. I finally decided to snap out of it and get my Bible out. I read Psalm 91... one of my favorites and it quieted my soul.

I have included it below. If you are in a place that you are dealing with fear of the unknown maybe it will quiet your soul as well.

Psalm 91 (New Living Translation)
1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I trust him. 3 For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease.
4 He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. 5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day. 6 Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday. 7 Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you. 8 Just open your eyes, and see how the wicked are punished. 9 If you make the Lord your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, 10 no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. 11 For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. 12 They will hold you up with their hands so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone. 13 You will trample upon lions and cobras; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet! 14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. 15 When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. 16 I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.”

I will let you know about the test results. In the meantime, say a prayer for her.

1 comment:

  1. Love you, praying for you! Let me know when you hear something!!!!!

    ReplyDelete