Monday, January 11, 2010

It's A Monday

Well, it is definitely Monday. Gene went out to eat with the college students last night and called me from Moe's because his truck wouldn't crank. No big deal...just call a wrecker and we will deal with this tomorrow, right. I wasn't really thinking that this would totally affect my "tomorrow".

This translated into me taking Gene to work this morning. Gene has to be at work 8:00 and Reagan has to be a preschool at 8:30. So I am thinking that we would leave here at 7:40 because it takes us 20 minutes to get to Gene's office. Now, I know what you thinking. I should really add in a little more time to cover any emergency that might occur on the highway, like a wreck, etc....but that is just not how I operate. I do not manage my time well in the morning. I always think I have plenty of time and then at the last minute I discover that I do not....to my complete shock every single morning. I always leave my house at the very last minute. Gene on the other hand gives himself about 45 minutes to make the 20 minute drive to work. He usually leaves here around 7:15 each morning and I know this about him, but I am thinking that we will meet in the middle....say maybe 7:30...more my middle than his. Anyway, my idea didn't go over well, when he was ready to leave and I was still nursing Gracen and Reagan wasn't even dressed. Nice way to start the Monday. I was incredibly stressed out by the time we all got into the car. Yes, Gene was a little late to work, but on a positive note, Reagan was early for school. I guess Gene should be here each morning pushing us out the door....NOT!

I had some errands to run today in between dropping everyone off and picking everyone back up...post office, groceries, and dropping off a bill I forgot to mail. This doesn't sound like a lot but remember Gracen was along for the ride and she got tired of the car quickly. Long story short, I feel like I ran wide open all day long. I didn't even sit down when I was at home. During Gracen's naps I cleaned and showered which took all the free time that I had. I headed back over to pick up Reagan at 2:00. When we got back home, she wanted to play outside alittle bit and chose to ride her scooter. Of course, she fell off and scraped her knee. She started crying and said that she was having the worst day ever. I was thinking, "I feel your pain girl!" She got up and had to hobble to the house. She turned around and said she needed a wheelchair. I assure you that she did not. This was just the drama I needed on a Monday. After a few hours at home, I had to go back over to Prattville to pick up Gene from work at 5:30 and then we had to go to a funeral home for the visitation for Mrs. Joyce Robertson.

Gene's Mom and Dad offered to keep the girls while we were at visitation. When we got home, we discovered that Reagan had been a little sassy and repeatedly stuck out her tongue at her Gran. So she got a good spanking and spend some time in her time-out chair, after she apologized for her actions.

And we got to pay $325.00 to fix Gene's truck. Smile.

Yes, it was Monday all day long.

I said yesterday that I was going to post our menu for the week, but that comment was made before I looked at our schedule. We will only be here as a family on Tuesday night so we will be having quick, kid friendly meals almost every night. Certainly not blog worthy.
I also said that I wanted to share a little of the teaching from church on Sunday but it is my bedtime so that will have to wait too.

I don't know that Tuesday will be any better. Reagan has a dentist appointment at 9:30. That should be fun. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment