Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Missing Gene

I am officially ready for Gene to come home. He is in West Virginia on a ski trip with the college ministry at our church. He left early Monday morning and should be home in time to see the Alabama game on Thursday evening. My heart goes out to those who parent alone. It is difficult to do everything with absolutely no help and no encouragement from your spouse. Gene is a great dad. When he gets home at 5:30, we sit down and eat supper together and then he helps me with whatever I need. He always cleans up the kitchen and he spends time with both girls. He also helps with bath time and gets Reagan in the bed, going through her nighttime routine while I am getting Gracen to sleep. I definitely feel his absence and I am ready to see that cute face.

Apparently Reagan misses him too. Gene has been emailing me pictures of all the snow on the slopes and pictures of himself in the snow to show Reagan. I showed them to her today and when his face popped up on the screen, she reached up and rubbed the screen (on his cheek) and said, "I love you Daddy. Come home. I miss you Daddy." I thought I was going to cry right then. It was precious. Then an interesting conversation took place between Reagan and me.

Reagan: "I am going to marry Daddy when he gets home."
Me: "Why do you say that?"
Reagan: "Because I love him and I want him to stay with me. He is my prince."
Me: "Well, Daddy is already married."
Reagan: "To you." (with a look of irritation on her face)"Well, he is still my prince."
Me: "Daddy loves you very much, but he loves you in a different way than he loves mommy. He is my prince and you will meet your own prince one day."
Reagan: "No, Daddy is my prince and he loves me more because he has my picture by his bed."
Me: "Daddy loves Mommy with a special love because I am his wife."
Reagan: quiet for a few seconds, "Well, I am his daughter and he has more fun with me."
Me: "Why do you think that?"
Reagan: "Because you are too big for a daddy piggyback ride."

And with that, she ran out of the room. End of discussion. Because Gene gives her piggyback rides, he clearly must love her more. I am glad she is very secure in his love. I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! Oh she is so cute!

    Sorry you are missing your husband! Hope things get better soon when he comes HOME!!!

    ReplyDelete