Monday, November 29, 2010

Our Thanksgiving in Pictures

You will remember that our family had that yucky stomach bug at the beginning of our Thanksgiving holidays. I guess it was as good as any time to be sick, with nothing to do and no where to go. Our Wednesday thru Sunday was wonderful. Gene was off everyday, we had some much needed family time, we decorated for Christmas, I did some Christmas shopping, we watched the AL/AU football game, Gene and I had a date night, and of course, we celebrated Thankgiving with all the family.

All the pictures are of my family. For the record, I love Gene's family and we went to eat with his parents, his brother, and his brother's two children on Thursday night and again on Friday night, but no one takes pictures when we are together. I always feel weird getting my camera out. I probably need to correct that during Christmas though because years from now, we will all regret not having pictures from both sides.

On the other hand, at my parent's house, everyone is taking pictures. I am actually sharing shots from everyone's camera...not just mine. Warning...there are A LOT of pictures ahead.

Our Thanksgiving Day....

My parents

Me and my sisters...I didn't get the black shirt memo!

Lori's family

My family

Lindsay's family

And random shots of the family...











It was soooo good to see everyone and just hang out together for almost the entire day. I love my family and feel so blessed that we get along the way we do....no drama....thank the Lord. Sometimes I wish we could get together every single weekend....of course, then there might be drama. (Just kidding!)
I am so excited about the Christmas season. I am going to walk through an advent devotional book by myself for my quiet time each morning, and I have one to do with the girls each day as well. I am praying for great truths to be revealed to Reagan. She is like a sponge right now...so eager to learn more about Jesus. It is a beautiful thing.
We have many family activities planned. I have a lot of Christmas movie nights planned, craft activities ready to go, and Christmas books ready to read. I am looking forward to truly enjoying the season with my little family.
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. glad you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving!
    i love the picture of Reagan throwing the leaves in the air, and the one of her holding a leaf up to the camera.
    she is such a beautiful little girl! :)

    ReplyDelete