Monday, November 22, 2010

Yuck!

Well, so much for having a nice restful week. Reagan has a stomach bug. It has been going around our church for over a week now. I had been sanitizing every one's hands and being extra cautious, hoping to miss it. We even stayed home this past Sunday when I heard that two more of her friends had been sick on Saturday. Of course, Gracen had a snotty nose and a little cough so she probably didn't need to be in the nursery anyway.

All of my precautions were for nothing. About lunchtime yesterday, Reagan started complaining of a tummy ache. Her complaints got stronger and stronger until she finally threw up around 3:30. Ya'll it took everything in me not to throw up with her. I am the type of person who runs the opposite direction when there is throw-up. I certainly do not want to be in the same room with it. From the moment she got sick, I have felt awful. The visual will be in my head for a long time.

Gene came home from church yesterday and said he felt like he had been hit by a truck. He got in the bed and slept until 5:00 or so. Neither one of us have gotten sick yet but we both feel terrible. We are running on a few hours sleep, and anticipating Gracen to get sick at any moment. If this goes through the family, we will miss Thanksgiving, and that would make me really sad.

Over the course of the night, Reagan threw up about 6 times and I do have to share one really cute thing that she said in the midst of the grossness. I had mentioned that she had caught the stomach "bug" from church and after the 4th or 5th event she said, "Momma, I keep looking for that bug and I haven't seen it yet. I guess I am going to keep throwing up until it comes out, huh?" Bless her heart...she was really looking for a bug.

Well, say a prayer for us, especially Gracen. She isn't sick yet and I am praying that she doesn't catch it. Having a sick baby is tough! Feeling sick while dealing with sick children is even tougher.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. never again will we talk about how you haven't had to deal with throw up much at Wednesday night supper. sorry for jinxing you. Also, let me know if you guys need anything! Love you!

    ReplyDelete