I don't really have any particular topic on my mind today, so I thought I would just share a few thankful thoughts.
1. I am so thankful for this beautiful weather we are having. It has been sunny and in the mid 70's all week and we have enjoyed just hanging out in the yard. I know it will be cold, wet, and nasty soon, so we are trying to savor moments outdoors.
2. I am thankful for my girls. They just bring me joy. We were sitting out in our yard today and I was watching them play together, kicking a ball back and forth...well, Gracen was trying to kick it back....and I just had to stop and praise God for their little lives, for their health, and for His blessings on my little family.
3. I am equally thankful for my husband. I just love him so much. We had a "date night" last night and truly enjoyed our time together. We went to Longhorn, our favorite restaurant and ordered steaks, of course. It was yummy. I found a list of "date night questions" in a parenting magazine and decided to take them along. We had the best time talking about things we wouldn't have talked about without the list.... things like, "What is the one thing you have not experienced that you would love to do before you die?" It was nice to talk about things besides our girls and church life. We did some Christmas shopping, looked at Christmas decorations, and ended up at Starbucks...of course. Being with Gene just makes me happy.
4. I am thankful for Jenna Sanders, who was our babysitter last night. She is our go-to babysitter because we trust her completely and because my girls love her so. I do not worry for one second when I step out of our house and I leave Jenna in charge. She is precious and loves the Lord so much. I hope she rubs off on both of my daughters. If they turn out like Jenna, we will have two gems.
5. I am thankful for couponing and the money it saves me, but it consumes way too much of my time. The process is suppose to take less time the more you do it, but this has not been true for me. I don't know what my problem is but I just can't focus on it and knock it out in one sitting.
6. I am thankful for the Word of God and the fact that I am saved by God's grace. This month, I am reading the book of Ephesians over and over again, and because it is getting familiar, verses are started to come to my mind at random moments throughout the day. Maybe, I will share some of that starting next week.
7. I am thankful that I am in a position to help other people. Tomorrow morning is a "Love Loud" event at our church. We donated Thanksgiving food items and we are going to go and pass out food bags to 200 needy families in the Prattville community. Gene and I are taking Reagan, so this will be her first real "mission project". I am excited to see what God does in her little mind and heart...and believe me, she will definitely share what is on her mind. I pray that our family will become more and more mission minded and we will be more and more excited to serve together as a family.
8. I am thankful for Wee-CBC, Reagan's preschool, her teacher, Mrs. Vicky Lowman, and all her little friends. She loves going to school and she is learning so much. She adores her teacher and talks fondly about so many friends in her class. Those things combined make a momma happy.
Well, I could list a bunch of more things, but I am out of time. Reagan has been pacing in circles around me for too long!
Until next time...
Anger Is Not the Way
17 hours ago