Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Good Intentions

Can I just say that I have every intention of blogging every day. I think about it and I want to sit down and write out my thoughts, but my girls often have other plans for me. Yesterday was one of those days. Nothing bad happened. I just literally ping-ponged between them most of the day.

Mondays are normally a little crazy for me because it is Reagan's long day at school. I pick her up at 2:00 because she has Flip Factory (gymnastics) and Lunch Bunch. On Wednesdays and Fridays I pick her up at 11:30. Anyway, on Monday, I always buy groceries and run errands because I have time to get back home for Gracen to have a good nap before it is time to head back to get Reagan. So yesterday, I woke up at 5:30, had my quiet time, showered, packed Reagan stuff, woke up both girls, did breakfast with them, got them ready and we were out the door by 8:00. I dropped Reagan off and then went to do my weekly errands. Gracen and I made it back home by 10:30 and she slept until 12:30. I spent the first hour she was asleep unpacking my car and putting everything away. As I was unloading the car, I realized how ridiculously dirty it was, so I spent another 30 minutes cleaning out all the toys and debris, vacuuming the inside, and wiping everything down. As I was doing this, I remembered all the times I had judgemental thoughts about other mothers and their "laziness" because of their dirty cars. Please understand that these thoughts were before I had kids, when it is easy to judge from the outside looking in, and certainly before I had a 4 year old and who has infinite about of stuff that she feels the need to bring in the car with her on every trip. Anyway, I then washed 2 loads of clothes and picked up all around the house and then my stomach told me to sit down and eat lunch, which I obeyed. I was going to blog while Gracen was sleeping, but oh well....maybe next nap. After Gracen woke up, I had to nurse her and then had about 45 minutes left before it was time to get back in the car to go get Reagan. I decided to use that time playing with her on the floor because she had either been in the car, in a shopping cart, or asleep since she initially woke up at 7:00.

We returned home from picking up Reagan at 2:30. At this point, I needed to spend some time with her and tried two times to put Gracen down for a nap, which she refused. Both girls expected me to feed them. Then I thought I should probably bathe them because we got home too late Sunday evening to take baths. After these activities, I felt like I had run a marathon and had complete brain fog and couldn't have posted anything worth reading anyway.

Like this run down of my day is worth reading.....LOL!

After dinner and bath time, Reagan ended up going to spend the night with her grandparents, who live right behind us. This wasn't planned, but I am always up for a break, and it is important that she spend time with both sets of grandparents. Great memories for her! By this time, it was around 6:30 and Gracen was exhausted because she didn't take her afternoon nap. I managed to keep her awake until 7:15 and was eagerly looking forward to almost two hours of "me" time because I didn't expect Gene home until around 9:00. I was going to blog and paint my toe nails, exciting stuff, right? I was just settling in when I heard the door unlock at 7:40. Gene was home early and plopped down beside me on the couch and was in the mood to talk. I think he talked about an hour about different things that went on during his day at work. There went the "me" time.

Of course, this is the month of "love" so I stopped what I was doing and gave him my full attention.

So, long story short, the blog didn't happen yesterday.

I have been giving you a weekend wrap-up on Mondays, but honestly there wasn't much to wrap up. Saturday I went to clean my sister's office, which I do once a month for a little mad money. I went to church Sunday morning and Sunday night, but I really cannot even give a "commentary" on what I learned because during worship Sunday morning I was nursing Gracen and on Sunday evening, Gene and I had nursery. We were in Reagan's class and we both learned that we are NOT called to children's ministry. I wiped about 10 bottoms that night and that is about 10 too many, if you know what I mean. I also saw several boogers and I didn't enjoy that either. Thank God for preschool workers! Thank you Lord, that I am not one of them!

As I type all of this, I realize that I haven't shared one spiritual insight or nugget of encouragement, which is really what I want my blog to be about. Just know, I am trying to figure it all out....
how to grow daily in my relationship with my Savior
how to be a wife
how to be a mother
how to manage my home
how to stay connected to family and friends
how to serve in ministry
how to exercise
how to eat healthy and prepare healthy meals
how to shower each day and paint my toe nails

If you are a stay home mom, let me know how you balance this thing called "life". I am in this with you. I am trying and I won't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment