Monday, February 21, 2011

A Trip to the Zoo

We have had a string of beautiful weather over the last week or so. It has been 70 degrees and sunny with a light breeze. Perfect, perfect weather. After being stuck indoors for the last few months due to the cold, we have savored every moment outdoors. The girls have loved every second of it. This is the main reason I have not blogged as regularly as I would like. We are outside so much, and when I am inside, I am trying to catch up on cleaning or I am doing something for...or with...one of the girls.

Anyway, Gene and I took Reagan and Gracen to the zoo a few days ago and I thought I would share a few pictures. We got there at 10:30 in the morning and ended up staying until around 2:00. We had such a great time.

Here is Gene and the girls getting ready to ride the train.

The next several pictures are of the girls playing on the playground. Our zoo has a wonderful playground area. We spent as much time there, if not more, than walking around looking at the animals.


Here we are eating our picnic lunch. I always pack a lunch from home. As much as I love the zoo, the prices there are ridiculous. My children don't even know the zoo has a cafe. Shhhh, don't tell them.

It was a great family day.
The next day Gene left for the weekend to teach at our church's D-NOW. I hate staying by myself. I don't sleep well. I hear every single little noise. I worry that the girls will get hurt or get sick and I won't know what to do.
Of course, neither girl slept. They took turns waking me up both nights. I was lonely and I was exhausted by Sunday afternoon. Thankfully, all three of us slept like rocks with Gene back in the house Sunday night. He brings us all such a sense of security.
My hat goes off to all the single mommas out there. You have one hard job.
Gene will be going on a mission trip soon and will be gone for 8 nights. After the weekend I had, I am a little concerned. I hope I survive.
Until next time.....and with the pretty weather ahead, who knows when that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment