Sunday, February 27, 2011

Not Guilty

I won't be blogging much this week. I just felt the need to say that right up front.

I am teaching two break-out sessions for my church's upcoming women's retreat, and it is only a little over a month away. I feel like I really need to get started on those lessons, so they will be getting my free time this week. As a mother of little ones, I have to pick and choose what to do with any free time I can find. Can any momma relate?

I did want to share something that happened on Saturday though. I was cleaning my sister's office in Montgomery Saturday morning, a little job I do once a month. I was by myself in this office building...just me and my ipod full of great contemporary Christian music. I had just downloaded some new music and was excited to listen to Mandisa's latest album. I had heard that it was really good. Anyway, the album is awesome...all of it.....good stuff. When I got to the song titled "Not Guilty", I was absolutely undone. I mean I was overcome with emotion in a way that I am not sure I can explain. Over half way through the song, I had to stop vacuuming and I got on my knees and praised God for saving me. I was weeping, confessing sin, and thanking Him for knowing me, for loving me, and for saving me, especially when I am so unworthy. I mean, I cried an ugly cry y'all, the kind where you cry all your make-up off. It felt good...like a purging of the soul. I listened to the same song over and over again for close to an hour.

I have thought a lot about that moment since Saturday morning, and I wish I could stay in that place of thankfulness, every second of every day. It is just too easy to forget what Jesus did on the cross for me. I get wrapped up in my "self" and take for granted the ENORMOUS sacrifice that was made on my behalf.

"Not Guilty" was the most powerful song I have heard in a long time, and I wanted to share it with you today. I realize that we are all at different places and something might hit me so much different than it hits you. But maybe you will be as blessed as I was. I want to encourage you to take 4 minutes out of your day and listen to a song that tells what will happen to the REDEEMED on judgement day....and a judgement day is coming. I hope you know that and I pray that you know HIM. Nothing else really matters.

To listen to the song click HERE. And if it doesn't play....someone please let me know and I will try to correct it.

To my EMBC people...as I was listening to this song, I thought about Teri Hattfield. She has just the right amount of soul to sing this for our church. I love to hear her sing, and I am going to share this song with her. I hope she sings it!

I will post an entry this week with my scripture memory verse for March 1st.

Until then...

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for sharing!
    i had never heard the song before, but i just finished listening to it (your link does work).
    brought tears to my eyes - truly powerful indeed!

    ReplyDelete