Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cleaning and A Prayer Request

I just read my older sister's short blog post and she was apologizing for being a bad blogger due to the busyness of life. I am going to apologize too. I am not blogging as frequently as I would like either. I will blame Gracen for this. She is into EVERYTHING and I can not find the time to sit down at the computer to blog. When I get her to sleep, I am trying to clean up around the house and have some one-on-one time with Reagan. Summer also has us on the road a good bit, but hopefully I will do better in a few weeks when Reagan gets back in school and we settle into a routine.


I did want to share 2 cute pictures of my little cleaner in action.


Gracen stays right up under me all day long. If I am putting clothes in the dryer or taking them out of the dryer, so is she. She attempts to do every job I do or at least she is right up under me as I try to do it. As cute as these pictures are, it would be much faster to do everything by myself. I try to remind myself that I could be training a future a homemaker, but honestly, I try to put off many jobs until she is asleep. Reagan entertains herself a good bit, but not Gracen. She loves to be with her Momma. The result, my house is a wreck and there is not much I can do about it.
Prayer Request:
I wanted to ask everyone to pray for Beverly Easley. She is a staff wife at my church and has 8 children that she home schools. She has cancer and things are not looking good. She is dealing with a recurrence of breast cancer and now the cancer is spreading and is in her liver. She has been to 4 of the top cancer treatment centers in America and has been sent home from each one. A few months ago she had no cancer in her liver and now she has five spots there and she is in intense pain each day. She has lost a lot of weight and is not strong enough for chemo. She is jaundice from problems with her liver and her gallbladder, which she just had removed. Beverly just came home from the last treatment center, her last medical option, and they sent her home and told her to enjoy her family. They would not give her a "timeline" because they said that they are not God.
Beverly is a sweet friend of mine and I pray for her throughout each and every day. I woke up twice this week in the middle of the night and got out of the bed to pray for her and ended up crying for her and her family. She has an amazing faith in the goodness and sovereignty of God, and I am struggling to see the good in a family losing their mother/wife. You can find her story at www.caringbridge.org/visit/beverlyeasley
I would appreciate any and all prayers.
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Beverly is my dad's cousin and she has been on my mind all day today. Thank you so much to everyone who has been praying for her! :)

    ReplyDelete