Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July and Sad News

I just wanted to share a few pictures from the 4th of July. We decided to go to Wetumpka for their celebration. We arrived around 5:30 and watched a little parade and then met my sister's family and my parents at the playground/park. We let the kids play for about an hour and then headed to get something to eat from the many vendors. After dinner, Reagan got to play on the several inflatables and inside the Big Green Bus...a gymnasium on wheels. Both girls had a great time.

Here are Gracen and Hayden (cousins) seeing each other for the first time. They always walk right up to each and check each other out. It cracks me up!


My sister, Lindsay, and her family.


Gracen playing on the playground.
Reagan on the playground.


Gracen with my parents.

Just hanging out...

Reagan playing on one of the inflatables.

Three hours later...hot and sweaty...waiting on the fireworks to begin.


Reagan quickly made a friend who was sitting right beside us and the little girl asked Reagan to lay on her blanket. I am a germaphobe, but let her do this. I mean, what was I going to say?
Here they are watching the fireworks.

2 shots of the fireworks.... the music and the display of such beautiful fireworks made me so proud to be an American, but also so sad to what is slowly happening to our country.

We truly had a great 4th...actually a great weekend...hanging out with family and cooking out several times.


Sad news.... I received a phone call from my Dad Monday evening around 6:30 or so telling me that my sweet Granny had a heart attack and was on her way, by ambulance, to Baptist South in Montgomery. She died around 1:00 in the morning, assuring her children that she was at peace and ready to go home. Even though she was 90 years old this was very unexpected for all of us. This was my last living grandparent and it has been a difficult day. I think my older sister said it best...."It is like closing that door on childhood." There are so many memories that I have and I will miss her greatly.
The funeral will be Thursday in Georgiana, AL, her hometown, at 2:00. I would appreciate any prayers for my Dad, as he grieves the loss of his mother, and for our entire family.

No comments:

Post a Comment