Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Bad Mood

#1 I really didn't mean to take a blogging break and I apologize.

#2 I usually start the week with a weekend wrap-up, but honestly there isn't that much to wrap up. We arrived back in to town at the end of the week and I spent all weekend doing laundry, buy groceries, running errands, cleaning up the house, doing yard work, sorting through the mail, etc. Getting ready to go out of town is a pain and getting things back on track after a trip is equally painful sometimes, but the time away with Gene was so worth it. We were also in a little "God bubble" all week long, hearing awesome worship and convicting preaching twice a day, without the stresses of children and life. I was convicted about so many things and will hopefully share some of that over the days to come.

Today, I am willing myself to be joyful. The weekend was a little stressful, followed by a stressful Monday. I have fallen into a pattern of going to sleep way too late trying to catch up on things and having small children, I can not sleep late. If I choose to sleep, I miss a good quiet time, walking, and getting ready by myself....which I prefer. This morning I have a terrible headache, the throbbing kind where I just want to close my eyes. Gracen got up too early which means I lost my exercise time and Bible study time. I know Satan is just trying to rob the wonderful truths that I learned this past week in Georgia, and I choose not to let him win. So I am listening to a praise song this morning...."Oh, How He Loves Us" by David Crowder. I have listened to it over and over again for the last hour, choosing to praise God for His unending and unconditional love for me. Asking Him to help me pass that same love on to these two girls who require so much time and energy from me.... time and energy that today, I simply don't want to give.

I am going to choose to focus on the blessings this morning. God tells me in Phil. 4:8 to think on the things that are honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, excellent, and worthy of praise. As I think on these things, He will meet me there and change my spirit. It is 8:30 a.m. as I write this and I have been up way too long and God hasn't changed my spirit yet, but I will continue to focus on Him and the truth of His Word until He does. He is always faithful!

Until He answers, I am going to drink one more cup of coffee, take some Tylenol, continue to listen to some praise and worship that leads me to worship Him, and pray.

Come Lord....come quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment