Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Trip to the Park and the Library

I like to take Reagan to the library every other Tuesday. I want her to love books and love to read. Books are really expensive though. Hardback books run around $16.00 per book and the paperback books don't always hold up for very long. Reagan owns a lot of books, but to truly have a good variety I like going to the library. She can check out 7 books and keep them for 2 weeks, which is why we go every other Tuesday. That is a pretty good deal.

To sweeten the deal for Reagan, there is a park right next to the library, so we play for about an hour and then head inside to cool off and look for books. I thought I would share a few pictures with you from our last visit.

Reagan loves to climb the rock wall.

She comes through this little window and jumps out, and then starts all over again.


Gracen just hangs out at the base of the wall.


Here she is walking across the balance beam.

Here is Reagan helping Gracen walk around. She is really good with Gracen, and I am thankful for that. When I was pregnant, I was worried that Reagan would be really jealous and have a hard time welcoming Gracen to the family because, let's face it, she was used to all our attention. But, that has not been the case at all.
There were a few ducks that came out of the river that is close to the park, and Gracen was very curious about them. She followed them all over the place, which surprised me. I thought she would be afraid of them, not really knowing what they are. Of course, this is the same child who grabs every bug that crawls by her when we are outside on the back patio.

She let this duck get really close to her. The delay on my camera didn't allow me to take the next picture of the duck walking right up to her. At that point, I picked Gracen up because I thought the duck might peck her...or whatever ducks do when they are checking something out.


Gracen loves to go up and down stairs. Exhausting!


I only took two pictures inside the library because they were other families in there with us and they looked at me like I was crazy every time I snapped a picture. I guess my flash was disturbing them.


We always have a good time when we go the park and the library. It was a great day!


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment