Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sickness

It has been a long dreary couple of days. Gene has been home sick since Monday night. He went to the doctor and has a sinus infection and bronchitis. Yuck! He has been coughing for a couple of weeks and just hasn't felt good at all. He has been very tired and run down. You know how men are though. He fought going to the doctor. He also didn't take all my natural remedies to hopefully shorten the duration of a cold...like drinking Air Born, doubling up on probiotics, taking herbs like echinacea (spelling ?), drinking lots of water to flush the system, putting peroxide in your ears, etc. Maybe next time he will listen to me.

I knew Monday night that he would be home a few days and I thought that was great. I love getting to spend some extra time with my husband and when you are by yourself with two kids all day, the idea of adult conversation is exciting. Well, as you can imagine, he hasn't been very good company. I know he is sick and all, but is it necessary to sleep ALL day long and leave me alone with the girls. It has been exhausting trying to keep both of them quiet so he can rest. For some reason, I also feel like I am doing double work than I normally do too. What is up with that? I have certainly decided that I do not want three children...which is what I am currently dealing with. And I am ready for one of these children to become an adult again. Just saying.

I am really surprised that none of us have gotten what Gene has. Is bronchitis not contagious? I hope not. Of course, if I get sick, maybe I can lay around all day and watch some TV and sleep. At this moment, that sounds nice. I know I will regret saying that as soon as I come down with it. And the moment I get sick, Reagan and Gracen will come down with it too, and there will be no resting for me.

On top of dealing with, I mean caring for, Gene, Gracen has thrush. This is some sort of yeast infection in her mouth. Who knows where this came from! Well, I am nursing and she passed this into my chest. This has been so incredibly painful. The only way I know how to describe this is fire coming out of your nipples (sorry to any men who might read this). This is a feeling you NEVER want coming out of your nipples. I am in tears every time I nurse Gracen and I am spending the day alternating ice packs and the heating pad. Fun stuff. We are both on medication and hopefully this will be resolved very soon.

I guess our week hasn't been all that great but hopefully things will start looking up. Christmas is just around the corner and we have some fun family things to do before the big day. We are going to Zoo Lights as soon as Gene is a little better and we still haven't taken Reagan and Gracen to see Santa. We have the college coming to our house for a Christmas Party this Friday night. My sweet little neice, Hayden, is being dedicated at her church this coming Sunday morning, followed by lunch with the family. We are going to Georgiana, AL to see my Granny in a few days, and I have a few more Christmas gifts to buy and wrap. Gene and I are also trying to work in a date night and we want to take Reagan to see the Princess and the Frog. We have a lot to do in the coming days so I hope we all get to feeling better real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment