Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Long Day

We had a long day today...not stressful or bad, just long. Reagan woke up at 3:30a.m. and of course came to our room and woke me up. I don't know why she always wakes me up. She is clearly a daddy's girl and prefers him most of the time....except in the middle of the night. She came in our room crying, talking about monsters in her closet. How do monsters get in the closets of children everywhere? I remember that they used to be in my closet too. Long story short, I tried my best to get her back into her bed, with no luck. She absolutely refused to go back into that room. After comforting her and talking to her as sweetly as one can at 3:30 in the morning, I tried dragging her back, and she was like dead weight, begging me not to make her go. I didn't have the heart to force her to sleep in the monster's lair, so she got to sleep in the middle of our queen bed. I quickly discovered that a queen bed is not big enough for 3 people.

I had to get up by 5:30 to get ready for church and unfortunately, I never went back to sleep. Reagan, on the other hand, went right to sleep, but she tossed and turned. She hit me in the face a couple of times and talked out loud once or twice. Apparently Gene was not bothered by any of this or he chose to ignore it all....I am thinking he ignored everything. Between 3:30 and 4:30 I got up to use the bathroom, got a snack, checked on Gracen, and eventually laid back down in my bed. I started to dose off and then Gene's alarm clock went off at 5:00. I just went ahead and got up. Lovely way to start the day.

We all got ready and then we headed to Montgomery to my sister's church to see my niece, Hayden's, baby dedication. Brian and Lindsay had to take her up on the stage and they were really worried about her shrieking out or crying, things all parents worry about when you have to do something like this with your child. Anyway, little Miss Hayden did wonderfully. She was perfectly quiet, even when the pastor took her from her mother and held her for a few minutes. What I really loved was the jumbo screens on the left and right of the auditorium with Hayden's face larger than life. She has the most angelic face with big, bright, blue eyes and a beautiful smile. She looked precious. I cannot believe that I didn't take my camera.

Of course, even if I had remembered my camera I wouldn't have been able to take even one picture because I decided to keep my girls with me during the service, and it was I all could do to keep them entertained and quiet. Not a job I want to repeat again after getting up at 3:30 in the morning. Thank the Lord for my mom and dad who sat with me. My dad did a great job with Reagan and mom helped with both, but mostly she helped me with Gracen, who is usually very good, but apparently had ants in her pants this morning. She was all over the place. The experience made me very thankful for church nurseries...which I will utilize next time.

After the service, we all headed to my sister's house for lunch, in honor of Hayden's big day and my brother-n-law, Brian's, 30th birthday. The lunch was catered by Jim and Nick's Barbecue and it was real good. Lunch was topped off with a cookie cake....yum! All the kids were very well behaved at Lin's house, and I loved hanging out with everyone. It was a good day.

Oh, by the way, when we got home, Gracen took a long nap....Reagan did not. I was really hoping for a nap myself, but someone had to stay up with her. Guess who got to stay up with Reagan.... and guess who got a nap...... it was NOT the person who got up at 3:30 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment