Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Blog Break

I am taking a "Blog Break" this week. I am trying to get caught up at home...cleaning out, preparing to pull out all the Christmas decorations, wrapping gifts so I can put them under the tree as soon as we decorate it, complete Christmas shopping, etc. I have many things that need to be done before Reagan is out of preschool for the Christmas break.

I am also trying to decide what direction to take for my quiet time. I just finished a Bible study for moms today. It was a refreshing read and encouraged me in my daily tasks of motherhood. For the month of December I want to pull out one of my Christmas devotionals and be reminded again of the real meaning of the season. Even though I have read them all several times, I see something new every year. I wouldn't mind buying Rick Warren's book about Christmas. Does any know if it is any good? Anyway, I am trying to decide which devotional to start. Hopefully, I will make up my mind soon and I will be able to share some insights with you.

Check back on Monday December 7th. Maybe by then I will be more focused and ready to put my thoughts on "paper".

1 comment:

  1. Hope you read this during your break - check out the book "Preparing My Heart for Advent" - the author is listed under books I am reading. AWESOME study of the advent. It has a study a day for month of November on all different aspects of the christmas story - birth of christ, prophecy, sheperds, etc. Just awesome, then December is just devotions. I didn't buy it until late Dec last year so I did the Nov study through the month, and now this year I am doing the Dec devotionals.

    ReplyDelete