Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Prayer Request

I want to remind everyone to pray for my sweet friend, Beverly Easley. You can follow her story at www.caringbridge.org/visit/beverlyeasley She is an amazing lady, one who loves the Lord and her family with every fiber of her being. She has terminal cancer and has taken a turn for the worse. Basically, her digestive system is shutting down. She is unable to keep anything down and a Hospice nurse is now visiting her in her home, as there is not much the hospital can do for her. She is in an enormous amount of pain in her stomach and is taking morphine. Her color is not good and she is so thin and frail right now. My heart is breaking for this friend and this family.

Our entire church has rallied around this family, meeting their physical needs, lifting them up in prayer, and begging God to heal her. I must admit that it has been quite frustrating for God to be so silent.....(or rather to not give the answer we seek). Seeing a situation like this makes you think about the deep things of God....things that I would like answers for but know I will not get those answers while on this earth. I do know that I trust Him deeply and would much rather do life with Him than apart from Him. I know in my heart that He is good and everything that He allows is for His ultimate good....to somehow bring Him glory and grow His kingdom. But, things don't always feel good, do they? This situation doesn't feel good. Nothing about this is good to the naked eye.

I do know this....every single issue I have at the moment is so small in comparison to what this family is going through. I am thankful for every single day that I live. I am thankful for every single thing that I have. I am thankful for every single person who is in my life. God has been so good to me and to my family and I give Him praise. I want to be able to give Him praise in the good and in the bad and Beverly is teaching all of us that that is possible.

If you read my blog, please say a prayer for her healing and lift up her husband Bryan, and her 8 children.....Luke, Ellen, Mason, Maggie, Patrick, Paige, Palmer, and Hope. They all need your prayers.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment