Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Legacy

Do you ever have days where you are forced to think about the deeper things of this life? I had one of those days today. As hard as some moments are, I am so thankful that God is always there. Today I thought about James 4:14 which says, "...What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes."

Our lives are truly a blink in time. The older I get the more and more that becomes truth to me. In the end, so many things will NOT matter one little bit.

It will not matter...
what kind of car I drive or
what kind of house that I live in or
what kind of clothes that I wear or
how spotless my house is (or is not) or
that I caught the latest episode of _______ on TV or
that I purchased the latest and greatest technology or.....etc, etc, etc.

That list could truly go on and on!

The only thing that will remain is the kind of legacy that I leave behind.
What kind of person was I?
What kind of wife was I?
What kind of mother was I?
What kind of friend was I?
Did I love the people in my life....really love those I came into contact with?
Did I spend quality time with those who were important to me?
Did I tell them often how much I loved them?
Did my actions show love or selfishness?

Just today, I clicked on Beth Moore's blog and she had a video of Kelley Minter, author of the Bible study called Ruth. Kelley was talking about this similar idea.....that each of one is ACTIVELY leaving a legacy behind.

What kind of legacy are you leaving behind?

What kind of legacy am I leaving behind?

Of course, the most important thing is whether or not I believe in Jesus Christ. Will I spend eternity with Him in heaven or separated from Him in hell? I will be in heaven and all my shiny things that I have collected on this earth will melt away.

If you read this blog, really think about this issue.

We all think that we are invincible, that we will somehow defy death and live forever. That simply isn't reality. When we make a choice to put off living for Christ or put off accepting Him as our Savior, we are denying Him.

I am thankful today for the peace that I have deep down in my soul. It is a peace that doesn't come from any earthly person or material thing. My peace is based on the love of my heavenly Father. I am fully accepted and covered by His blood.

Thank you Lord for you mercy, your grace, and your love.



Changing the subject in a major way....
If you read my last post, you saw the pictures of Gracen's crazy bed hair. I thought I would post a picture of what her hair normally looks like when she wakes up and you will then see why I thought her hair was crazy enough to take a picture of it last week.


Calm, normal hair.....


Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I love the post and I think about these things all the time and am sometimes consumed with guilt for not always having that loving demeanor. I keep trying though, thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete