Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

I know I said that my next post would contain pictures of the girls, but I need to do my wrap-up first. You will have to check back tomorrow for cute photos.

Our weekend started with Friday night, as most weekends do. We had plans to attend East Memorial's graduation. Gene worked from 8:00 to 5:00 and I was going to meet him for dinner/date night and then we were going to the ceremony together. Gene's mom, Gail, was going to keep Gracen and Reagan went to my parent's house to spend the night.
Reagan's spend the night trip had nothing to do with graduation. Mom called at the beginning of the week and wanted Reagan, but it did work out perfectly for our schedule. Anyway...
All of our plans for Friday night got messed up because Gail could not keep Gracen and I didn't find this out until around 4:45 Friday afternoon,. She keeps my niece and nephew during the week and well, my niece started throwing up in the wee hours of Friday morning. She had to keep her out of school on Friday. Abby was at Gail's house all day laying on the couch and laying on the bed in the guest bedroom. I have a throw-up phobia....I mean who really likes to throw-up, much less clean up after sick I decided to keep Gracen home with me on Friday night and away from the germs. Gail was planning on keeping her anyway, but I just didn't want Gracen to catch a stomach virus just so I could enjoy a dinner out and a graduation ceremony. I was very sad to miss both, but I made the right decision because Gail was sick on Sunday.
My mom offered to come back and get Gracen, but Reagan would have been SO DISAPPOINTED. She loves one-on-one time with her Gram and Pap. Gracen just gets in Reagan's way and slows her down. So Gracen and I had a quiet evening at home.
On Saturday, Gene spent the day in the yard. I took Gracen to the mall and bought a bathing suit for myself and purchased some good quality sandals for Gracen. She has a tendency to curl her right foot when she is walking at times, so I thought a good shoe, not the usual Target kind, might help. We walked around the mall for a couple of hours just looking at everything and of course enjoying a snack. Gracen loves her stroller and was fantastic! Then we headed to my parent's house to get Reagan. I was so ready to see her. Funny how you can miss a child in just one night who can absolutely drive you nuts in 5 minutes. I guess that's love! We visited with them for about an hour and then I headed home.
Gene had chair set-up at 5:00 at the church, but was back home by 6:00. We made breakfast burritos for supper and then Reagan begged us to have a family movie night. I bought Alice in Wonderland earlier in the week, but told her we had to save it for family time. She has been asking every day to watch it. We bathed the girls, blew up the air mattress and settled in for an old classic. Reagan LOVED it,Gene fell asleep, and I was surprised at how much I remember from my childhood. It was a good night.

On Sunday, we had a great day of worship. Bro. Tim spoke in the morning service and Bro. Jeremy spoke in the evening service. Both of them did a great job and brought convicting messages.
I do have a few pictures to share. If you'll remember, we didn't get any pictures of all of us in our Easter clothes because we were in the emergency room with Gracen right after church on Easter Sunday...and came home 5 days later. I was running late before church...surprise, surprise, I just assumed that I would take pics later. Anyway, on Sunday, I decided we would wear our Easter duds and I was able to get a few cute pictures. The pictures aren't very "Easter" looking without the Easter baskets and all. But, oh well...

Gene didn't get the memo so he was not wearing his Easter attire. I will have to dress the girls in their pretty dresses again and let Gene be apart of the picture next time.

1 comment: