Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Reagan's K-3 Graduation

Today was a big day for Reagan. She "graduated" from the K-3 program at Coosada Baptist Church. This has been a wonderful program, teaching Reagan many social, educational, moral, and spiritual skills. I think it has done her a world of good and for the most part she enjoyed going every day. Reagan is a fast learner and easily picked up every single skill and every verse that she was suppose to learn. I'll brag a moment....her teacher, Mrs. Marsha, said that she didn't even need an end of the year conference because Reagan had mastered every skill. I know it is just K-3, but that felt pretty good to hear. I am thankful that she enjoys school, so far, and learns so quickly, especially considering that her birth mother was doing drugs when she was conceived and for the first couple of months of the pregnancy. God certainly had His hand of protection on her while she was in the womb.

I wanted to share a few pictures from our day.

Here is Reagan as she first entered the sanctuary, hugging her teacher Mrs. Marsha. Reagan just adored her and will miss her this summer.

Here is Reagan leading the audience in the pledge. I didn't even know she was chosen for this honor until she stepped up on to the stage. She did a great job.

Here is a close up shot of Reagan with two classmates, Isabella and Corrian. Reagan and Isabella became fast friends.


Here is Reagan singing away, with hand motions of course.

Here she is marching and singing. The program had an American theme, in case you wondering about the flags and all the red, white, and blue.


Here is a shot of the whole class.
Here is Mrs. Marsha presenting Reagan with her "diploma". Reagan is smiling big. She knows this means summer is here.

And I love this picture. She is holding up her diploma as if to say, "Yes! I made it." She was so proud. This reminded me of the night she earned her Cubbie vest at church. She simply does not hide her joy. I hope she keeps that trait in this cruel world that we live in.

Reagan had some family that attended the program...her daddy, me, Gracen, Gram (my mom), and Gran (Gene's mom). Reagan smiled big when she saw us and waved at all of us. After the program, I gave Reagan a "graduation" gift just to let her know how proud we are of her and then she got to pick a restaurant for lunch. She picked Chick-Fil-A. We all went and had a great time eating lunch and watching Reagan play on the indoor playground.
It was a good day!

2 comments:

  1. For some reason this post makes me sad. I can't believe she is no longer a little baby. It is amazing to me that time has gone by so quickly. I still want to pick her up and cradle her in my arms, I suppose those days are long gone. Very proud of her, we all know how super smart she is, she usually corrects me!

    ReplyDelete