Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter Activities

Man, I am having trouble finding time to sit down and write a blog entry. My two main problems are Gracen's new mobility and the beautiful weather. Gracen isn't walking yet, but she is crawling really fast, and she is cruising along every piece of furniture and wall that we have. If I turn my back for a second she disappears. She falls so quickly too and that means that I have to stay pretty close to her, which is usually far away from my computer.

I am by no means complaining about the weather, but both girls are wanting to be outside. If we are inside for even a span of 20 minutes, Reagan will ask to go back outside. Gracen will sit in front of our french doors and whine like a dog that needs to go out to use the bathroom. She will also sit in front of the back door and beat her hand on it. I enjoy the outdoors, so they don't really have to twist my arm to go out. Again though, it is hard to type when I am outside and my computer is inside. I do have a laptop, but even that won't help me with Gracen. We are on the move all day long. When I am inside, I am trying to catch up on the cleaning for the day.

I started this post a day or two ago. The date on the top is wrong. Today is actually April 17th. I got all the pictures loaded, but I am just now finding the time to sit down and type something to go with our pictures.

These photos are from the Saturday before Easter and Easter morning...all before our little trip to the E.R. and our prison sentence at Baptist East. Thankfully, we had some fun family time before those scary events transpired.

The first 4 pictures are at the Easter event at Shoal Creek Baptist Church. We go to this every year because it is in our community and there are so many old friends that we like to reconnect with. We also really like taking our girls to let everyone see the answers to their prayers. You see, we were members of Shoal Creek for almost 10 years. This church body walked with me through all those years of infertility, faithfully praying for me as I tried to conceive and then as we waited to adopt. They truly enjoy seeing both of the girls and catching up with us.

Here is Reagan as she is headed to the egg hunt.Here she is blowing dandelions. She was suppose to be hunting eggs. She blows every dandelion she sees and wishes to be in heaven with Jesus. I hear this wish repeatedly throughout the day and I really want to tell her to stop wishing that. I do not want her in heaven with Jesus...at least not today. I want her here with me. How do you explain that to a 4-year-old?Here is Gene with the girls in front of one of the many inflatables. Reagan loves those things.

And here is Reagan blowing bubbles at one of the many different stations.



We went to my mom and dad's house that evening for my birthday dinner and easter activities for the kids. Here is a photo of my parents with 3 of the 5 grandkids. Ariel and Dean live in Tuscaloosa and they couldn't make the trip. Too far to come for an Easter egg hunt and they are probably a little too old for that any way.Here is a family shot. You know we always have to take a family picture. I hate that I didn't get a picture of my sister's family. Here is the only picture that has all three of them in it....Lindsay, little Hayden, and Brian (walking away).


Here is my precious little neice Hayden. She is 3 weeks younger than Gracen and is already walking all by herself. I was amazed by that. She is so petite and cute....like a dainty little flower.
Here is a shot of me and Gracen. Her little shirt has a monkey on it. I thought that was an appropriate outfit because I call her my little "Chunky Monkey".
Here she is walking around the yard. We spend hours doing this every day. She is smiling big despite the terrible kidney infection that she had. She has such a sweet disposition...even when she is sick.
Here is Reagan and Gracen opening their Easter baskets from Gram and Pap. This is actually Gracen's Easter basket and Reagan is pulling things out for Gracen.
Here is Reagan playing with the bubble wand that was in her basket. She loves bubbles.
Here are their Easter baskets at home on Sunday morning.
Both girls digging into their stuff.
Look at that precious little face. Does this look like a baby who will be in the E.R. in just a few hours? I do not think so.

Unfortunately, we were running late for church after doing all the Easter activities and I didn't take any pictures of the girls in their Easter dresses. Gene had to be at church at 7:45, so he left our house at 7:15, which is about the time that the girls woke up. It was crazy doing everything alone on Easter morning, and I just assumed that we would take family pictures after church. I won't make that mistake again. I will always make time for pictures, and should probably wake up ealier on special occasions.

I will have to dress them up in their Easter duds again soon and take a picture. I will share it whenever I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment